Sunday, 5 February 2012

Birthday Cakes

I'm not the best and envisaging cake decorations in my head - there are some cool sites around for ideas and inspiration. I have no cake decorating experience bar my mother's wonderful advice on what she learnt at classes back in the '70's. So one day, I hope to go to classes and learn how to do stuff properly so I don't get myself in such a state trying to execute a nice finish without proper tools!
Caterpillar Cake - 2008




Teddy bears Picnic - 2009
2010 - Cake toppers make life easy!
2010 - Construction Cake

Shaun the Sheep Cake - 2011 Inspiration from ozcakes (Flickr)

Ballerina Cake - 2012 (inspiration from CakeGirl - Flickr)
Worm Party Cake (inspired by Debbie Brown's book) 2013
A birthday cake for a dear friend - 2013 (inspired by the Sugarpaste Fairy). Tutorial HERE
A cake for my brother - May 2013 (inspired by Lauren Babis) - May 2013. You can see a short run down of the figurine making HERE
A garden cake - July 2013 - inspired by CocoCakeLand
Edible Bunting Cake - July 2013
Dinosaur cake for my niece - Sept 2013 - inspired by Sweet Love Cake Couture

 Amanda's 40th birthday cake - 2013

A pigs in mud cake! Dec 2013

7th birthday cake - January 2014 (inspired by ABlessedLifeAtopACakeStand)
Kiwiana Citizenship Cake - February 2014. (Some elements inspired by Cake Flour Studio).
A 4th birthday cake for a friend's child - March, 2014.
Cake for 3 combined birthday's. March 2014

Cake decorated for Angus. April 2014

A new baby cupcake for Astrid. 2014
A 13th birthday Minecraft cake for my niece, 2015

Birthday cake my for my Dad, 2015.

My daughter's 1st birthday and dedication cake.

Another Minecraft birthday cake

A nice easy treasure chest cake. 2016 Brown sugar for sand

2017. Harry Potter book cake. 10th birthday.

Surprisingly easy hot air balloon birthday cake. 2017

Fondant model of my daughter.

3 comments:

  1. Stop being so modest Heather. These cakes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are soooo talented! I love seeing the progression you have made each year.. I am totally gaga for the shaun the sheep cake and the ballerina one.. love the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! It's nice to put everything up in one place and be able to put comments and things with them.

    ReplyDelete